Frequently Asked Questions

Main Content

We hope that these FAQs provide the information that you need to successfully transition to on-campus living.

We strive to provide the best service to our students and their families. If you have a question but can't find the answer on these pages, please email us with your question.


We work closely with the Office for Access & Accommodations to meet the needs of our residents to ensure that students with disabilities are appropriately accommodated in integrated settings. We want to ensure that nothing stands in the way of success for our residents.

Who should I contact to discuss special needs?
Students requiring special accommodations or modifications should discuss these needs with the Office for Access & Accommodations (OAA). OAA will follow up with an assessment and then make a recommendation for University Housing regarding any modifications or adaptations to make the living space work for that specific student. Please detail your special needs when you complete your Housing contract. Students with mobility impairments should work with University Housing on securing an accessible space.

Which areas offer accessible housing?
Thompson Point on West Campus, University Hall on East Campus and apartment areas all offer accessible housing provided you meet eligibility requirements.

What amenities are available in accessible housing?
We offer a range of accessible amenities including remote door openers; roll-in showers; lowered shelves, closet bars, and sinks; and adjustable desks. Our dining staff also provides assistance with food trays in the serving area.