Contracts & Terms FAQs
CONTRACTS & TERMS FAQS
- What are the terms and conditions of my contract?
- Click here to review your Housing Contract Terms.
- Am I eligible to live on campus?
- You are eligible for University Housing if you have been admitted to SIU Carbondale and will be a full-time student. Eligibility requirements vary for apartments by area.
- Am I required to live on campus?
- Living on campus has been shown to help students do better academically and get more involved. Most of our first-year students are required to live on campus. Our upperclassman students are invited to live on campus. The SIU Carbondale Student Housing Policy offers more details regarding who is required to live on campus.
- How do I contract for a residence hall?
- You contract to live in a residence hall online. Dates and times depend on which semester you will be attending SIU Carbondale. Typically, the earlier your contract (once the contract opens), the more choices you have of where to live. Visit our Residence Hall Contracts page for more information.
- How do I apply for an apartment?
- You can apply for an apartment once you are admitted to the University, provided you meet eligibility requirements for the apartment area.
- Will my financial aid cover my housing costs?
- Financial Aid packages vary from student to student. If a student is offered and accepts a financial aid award including scholarship(s), grants, and loans, that does cover all costs for tuition and fees, the remainder is applied towards housing (excluding Federal Work Study). For more information, visit the Financial Aid Office web site.
- How are room selections handled?
- Room selection procedures for Fall 2023 / Spring 2024 have not been finalized. Visit our Room Selection & Assignments page for more information when it becomes available.
- How do I cancel my contract?
- You must cancel your contract in the Housing Portal prior to the first day of classes or prior to accepting a key to your room or checking in. Click here for more information. Charges will apply.
- What do I do if I’m moving out of my residence hall?
- Residence hall students should make an appointment with their Resident Assistant to arrange to check out. Failure to check out properly can result in an improper check-out charge, plus charges for any keys not returned. Refer to the residence halls Contract Terms and closing procedures for more information. Checking out prior to the contract ending date is considered a termination of contract.
- What if I have other questions?
- Click here for additional frequently asked questions.