We’ve worked with residents to develop a packing list. We're sure you'll come up with other items to bring to your room, but our packing list will help you get started. Items on the packing list are suggested, not required.
What's Not Permitted: A list of items not permitted on campus is available in the Resident Handbook.
- Residence Halls
WHAT SHOULD YOU PACK for Residence Halls?
Check out the list of furnishings and amenities included with your room prior to shopping.
- back pack
- bedding & linen (extra-long twin size or king if you put two beds together)
- cell phone & charger
- cleaning supplies
- clothing (include a nice outfit for class presentations and job interviews and a swimsuit)
- computer and items to access Internet
- dishes, silverware, pots and pans (only East Campus halls have a kitchen located in the buildings)
- electronics (Stereo/TV/DVD Player/Gaming System/Etc.)
- first aid kit
- iron & small ironing board
- laundry supplies and basket (high efficiency laundry soap is recommended)
- microwave (no restrictions on wattage) please see Campus Fridges, Etc. for rental options
- mini fridge (up to 3.2 cubic feet, max of two per room) please see Campus Fridges, Etc. for rental options
- personal documents for employment paperwork - copies are not permitted (social security card, driver's license, birth certificate, passport, etc.)
- personal hygiene products
- personal property insurance
- power strips (Extension cords and splitters without a surge protector are NOT allowed. Surge protectors must be Underwriter's Laboratories (UL) approved.)
- room decorations
- rug and bath mat (University Hall bathrooms are community style and floors 2-4 are carpeted)
- school supplies
- shower caddy
- student ID (if you do not yet have this, you MUST bring a valid government photo ID)
- study/reading lamp (non-halogen)
- towels/wash cloths/shower shoes
- weather appropriate gear (umbrella, rain coat, snow boots, winter coat, gloves, hat, sunglasses)