Thanksgiving Break Closing Information for Residence Halls
November 22 - 26, 2017
THE RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSE AT 12 NOON ON WEDNESDAY, NOV. 22.
Additional closing times and important closing instructions are listed below.
Tuesday, Nov. 21
- COMPUTER LABS: Grinnell and Lentz Computer Labs close at 5 p.m.
- MAIL ROOMS: Grinnell, Trueblood, Lentz and University Hall mail rooms close at 6 p.m.
- DINING HALLS: Lentz and Trueblood close at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 22
- RESIDENCE HALLS: Residence Halls close at 12 noon
TAKE EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED OVER BREAK. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE BUILDING FROM 12 noon, NOV. 22 THROUGH 1 p.m., NOV. 26 UNLESS YOU SIGN UP FOR BREAK HOUSING (SEE "BREAK HOUSING" BELOW).
BUILDING STAFF WILL BE ENTERING YOUR ROOM TO VERIFY THE FOLLOWING:
- All perishable food is stored in appropriate containers and all dishes are clean.
- All electrical items, except for fish tanks and refrigerators, are unplugged. Refrigerators and fish tanks may be left plugged into a surge protector. (If your fish tank or refrigerator is plugged into a surge protector, it is your responsibility to unplug ALL items not associated with the fish tank.)
- Convector fan control is set to LOW.
- All items are moved at least three feet away from the convector and all valuables are off the floor (CDs, DVDs, plants, electronics, etc.). (University Housing assumes NO liability for damages to items resulting from heat, water leaks, or electrical problems. Valuables should be removed from the room.)
- All water is turned off (including shower) and toilet is flushed, but not running.
- All trash/waste has been emptied and removed from room.
- Windows and curtains are closed and lights are off.
- Room and bathroom doors are locked.
- Any visible illegal substances, materials or prohibited items that are a violation of the Resident Handbook will be confiscated. Disciplinary action will also be taken.
- Maintenance personnel may enter rooms during the break period for scheduled repairs. (Please make sure doorways are not blocked.)
- If you have newspaper subscriptions and want them held for you over break, you must sign up between 12 noon, Monday, Oct. 30, and 4 p.m., Friday, Nov. 17, at the mail room in your area.
- All bicycles should be stored in a bike rack outside of the residence halls or within the resident room. Bicycles stored in unapproved locations may be subject to removal by the Department of Public Safety.
Break Housing information is available here.
THE RESIDENCE HALLS OPEN AT 1 p.m. ON SUNDAY, NOV. 26.
Sunday, Nov. 26
- DINING HALLS: Lentz and Trueblood are open at 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 27
- DINING HALLS: Lentz Hall and Trueblood Hall open at 7 a.m. and resume regular hours
- COMPUTER LABS: Grinnell and Lentz Computer Labs open at 9 a.m. and resume regular hours
- MAIL ROOMS: Grinnell, Trueblood, Lentz and University Hall mail rooms open at 12 noon and resume regular hours
AREA OFFICE HOURS
|Wednesday, Nov. 22||8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, Nov. 23 - Friday, Nov. 25||CLOSED|
|Monday, Nov. 27||(Regular hours resume) 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
- East Campus (Trueblood Hall): 618/453-3318
- West Campus (Lentz Hall): 618/453-2471
- Wall & Grand (Building I): 618/536-2008