Room Selection & Assignments
New Spring 2022 students will be assigned a room.
Fall 2021 Students who contract Dec. 1, 2020 to Jun. 30, 2021
Students who contract during this period are eligible to select your own room during the room selection period that begins in May. The earlier you contract, the earlier you may select your room. Students may change your room selection online through June 30. Room selection dates will be posted in the housing portal.
Students who contract on or after July 1 will be assigned a room.
Click on My Housing Portal to access your Housing Contract.
Returning students select their rooms before new students, which means many spaces will be full before new students even begin selecting their rooms. Many areas or rooms have specific eligibility requirements (i.e. restricted Living Learning Communities).
We have plenty of space for our new students, but you may not get your first choice, regardless of when you complete your contract or select your room. New students need to be flexible your first year and you will be able to select your room before the following year's new students when you renew your contract.
Students who fail to select a room will have one assigned to them by our staff before the start of the semester.
Room Selection Steps
To select a room, eligible students (those who contracted during the appropriate periods) should follow the steps below. If your first choice isn't available, you should still select a different room or one will be assigned to you. Students may make changes to your room selection while the online room selection is available.
- Log into the Housing Portal on your assigned room selection date.
- Click "Residence Halls" at the top of the screen.
- Select the Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 term.
- Search for available rooms - you can see all available rooms for which you are eligible or you can search by “Room Type”, “Location”, and/or “Living Learning Community”.
- View rooms with vacancies for which you are eligible. To request an exception to Living Learning Community (LLC) requirements, contact the individual listed on the specific LLC page. Exceptions are at the discretion of the LLC contact and are not guaranteed.
- Once you have selected your room, you will be able to view the profile of your suitemate and message them using the Housing Portal.
- You will be able to change your room selection in the Housing Portal through June 30.
- If you and another student wish to be suitemates, it is up to each of you to find an empty suite and select those rooms in the Housing Portal.