Farm to Fork Dinner
The 2018 Farm to Fork Dinner will take place on Wednesday, Apr. 18 at 5:30 p.m. in Grinnell Commons on the upper level. Participants will enjoy locally grown food prepared by two chefs from University Housing Culinary & Nutrition Services. We are proud to partner with the SIU Sustainability Office; SIU Department of Animal Science, Food & Nutrition; and SIU Fermentation Science Institute on this event.
Enjoy a four-course dinner with optional beer and wine pairings. The menu* includes:
- Soup Course: cauliflower, pear, and blue cheese soup
- Salad Course: spring salad with champagne vinaigrette
- Main Course: chicken with wild mushrooms and garlic sauté, roasted potatoes, and fresh asparagus.
- Vegan Option: sweet potato gnocchi with vegan cream sauce and spring sugar snap peas.
- Dessert Course: strawberry coulis with pastry and cream
Registration is currently closed. Please contact University Housing at 618/453-2301, for more information.
- $5 - SIU students
- $35 - Faculty, staff and community
- $15 - Optional wine and beer pairings (for attendees age 21 and older)
Featured Farms & Contributors
- All Seasons Farm
- Big Muddy Hogs
- Flamm Orchards
- Flyway Family Farms
- Miller Farms
- SIU Farms
- Windcrest Dairy
- Local beer and wine producers
Grinnell Commons street address is 275 East Park Street, Carbondale, IL 62901. This building is located on East Campus, behind the Charlotte West Stadium (softball field). To view a map, click here and type "Grinnell Hall" into the search box.
Farm to Fork Dinner guests may park in Lot 58, located on East Campus, but on the west side of Grinnell Commons. This lot can be accessed via East Park Street or Neely Drive.
Individuals with disabilities are welcomed. Call 618-453-5738 to request accommodations.
*Menu and beer and wine pairings subject to change without notice.