Neely Hall - 15th floor, C wing, East Campus
Eligibility: The Going Green LLC is open to students in all majors who are interested in sustainability.
The Going Green Living Learning Community (LLC) is ideal for students interested in or curious about sustainability, including social, environmental, and economic concerns. Students will participate in activities designed to engage thought and action around sustainable living and solutions to modern-day challenges. Activities are student driven and could include hands-on opportunities within or outside the SIU campus community. n the past, Going Green LLC activities have included trips to Touch of Nature, hiking, canoeing, indoor gardening, film viewings, and more! We let the members of the LLC decide what they would like to do!
As a part of the Going Green LLC, you’ll learn about the many opportunities to engage in sustainability around campus! These opportunities include:
- Become an EcoRep.
- Earn Environmental Ambassador recognition.
- Become a Sustainability Fellow.
- Host a RETHINK WASTE Event.
- Support the Sustainable Office program.
- Join the Sustainability Council.
- Volunteer with Saluki Service Days.
- Share unwanted items as a part of the move-out Give and Go! program.
- Participate in pop-up classes at the Innovation and Sustainability Hub.
- Take a Green Tour around campus to learn more about sustainable features.
- Apply for a Green Fund grant to help make campus a little greener!
- Join a sustainability related RSO.
- Volunteering with the Sustainability Office.
- And much more!
More information regarding sustainability at SIU can be found on the SIU Sustainability website.
If you have questions about eligibility or would like more information about a specific LLC, contact the individual listed below. For general LLC information, contact the University Housing Education & Outreach office at 618.453.7535 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by clicking here.