Farm to Fork Dinner
The 2017 Farm to Fork Dinner will take place on Tuesday, Apr. 18 at 5:30 p.m. in Grinnell Commons on the upper level. Participants will enjoy locally grown food prepared by two chefs from University Housing Culinary & Nutrition Services. We are proud to partner with the SIU Sustainability Office; SIU Department of Animal Science, Food & Nutrition; and SIU Fermentation Science Institute on this event.
Enjoy a four-course dinner with optional beer and wine pairings. The menu includes:
- Salad Course: Mixed greens with goat cheese, toasted pecans and cranberry viniagrette
- Soup Course: Caramelized onion & mushroom soup
- Main Course: Hand-carved fresh ham with green herbs and encrusted grass fed beef, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and spring carrots, and sweet potato rolls with honey butter. The vegetarian entree is roasted mushrooms with sherry and creamy polenta. This vegetarian entree is a substitution for the carving station and may be selected during registration.
- Dessert Course: Panna cotta with strawberries
To register, click here.
- $10 - SIU students
- $30 - Faculty, staff and community
- $10 - Optional wine and beer pairings (for attendees age 21 and older)
Featured Farms & Contributors
- All Seasons Farm (salad mix, butter crunch, fresh herbs)
- Miller Farms (sweet potatoes, baker potatoes, asparagus)
- Lick Creek Beef & Pork (fresh hams & grass fed beef)
- Flyway Family Farms (mushrooms)
- La Colina Linda Farms (onions, shallots, garlic)
- SIU Farms (carrots)
- Windcrest Dairy (vanilla greek yogurt)
- Don Kuhnert (honey)
- Prairie Fruit Farms & Creamery (goat cheese)
- Flamm Orchards (peaches and strawberries)
- Local beer and wine producers
- The Maschhoffs (event donation)
Grinnell Commons street address is 275 East Park Street, Carbondale, IL 62901. This building is located on East Campus, behind the Charlotte West Stadium (softball field). To view a map, click here and type "Grinnell Hall" into the search box.
Farm to Fork Dinner guests may park in Lot 58, located on East Campus, but on the west side of Grinnell Commons. This lot can be accessed via East Park Street or Neely Drive.
Individuals with disabilities are welcomed. Call 618-453-5738 to request accommodations.